D7742: KDevelop projects : make use of KDirWatch optional

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 9 15:03:20 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Same could also be done on loading a project, to catch the case where after a while a project has grown large. Given loading is done often, this needs more options like "Ask me again on next loading" and "remember my decision now".

  I would expect that something like what you're proposing would be implemented in the project load stage anyway, it seems "wrong" to add another scan of the project tree just for this.

  I see that KDirWatch::addDir() step can also be deferred to after the project has loaded, I didn't think of that. That will make it possible to propose both options to the user based on the file/directory count established during the import.

  But is the required file/dir count information available in the AbstractFileManagerPlugin class, and how much extra code does it take to add options like "ask me again"?

  >   Would agree to the proposal to control the feature "limited parsing" per project, not globally.

  Making options like this available on a per-project basis will probably require adding a "General" pane to the project configuration dialog. Are there objections to that?

  Deferring the watcher creation to after the project import will more or less oblige me to merge this diff with https://phabricator.kde.org/D7745 ...

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL