D7742: KDevelop projects : make use of KDirWatch optional

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 9 17:16:20 UTC 2017

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 19339.
rjvbb edited the summary of this revision.
rjvbb added a comment.

  This new version still makes creating dir watchers optional but in addition moves their creation to after the project has been imported instead of before even starting the import. The goal is of course to defer their creation until after all projects have been imported but even for a single project there should be some gain as this avoids having 2 concurrent trawls of the same directory.
  This makes the patch a little bit more complicated (new watcher creation functions in AbstractFileManagerPlugin and ProjectController) but I think it's worth it as it will also allow to implement things like asking the user if watchers are to be created when a large project is detected.

  Moving the watcher creation trigger into the ProjectController means I more or less had to merge https://phabricator.kde.org/D7745, which shouldn't be an issue since we were already discussing the parser in this ticket.

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7742?vs=19321&id=19339

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7742

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/interfaces/iprojectcontroller.cpp
  kdevplatform/interfaces/iprojectcontroller.h
  kdevplatform/project/abstractfilemanagerplugin.cpp
  kdevplatform/project/abstractfilemanagerplugin.h
  kdevplatform/shell/projectcontroller.cpp
  kdevplatform/shell/projectcontroller.h
  kdevplatform/shell/settings/projectconfig.kcfg
  kdevplatform/shell/settings/projectpreferences.ui