kio_log_man spewing messages

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:46:06 UTC 2016

René J.V. Bertin wrote:

OK, I have an idea what was going on here. I'd changed the way I switch
QStandardPaths to returning XDG-compliant locations on OS X, with the result
that qtlogging.ini is now searched for only in "native" locations.

Still, I don't understand why apparently all logging categories are *on* if no
qtlogging.ini is found, while the opposite appears to be true on Linux ... and
why the setFilterRules() call in kdevelop/app/main.cpp doesn't deactivate
debugging output on OS X.