kio_log_man spewing messages

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 11:42:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Somewhere between KDevPlatform v5.0.0-171-g6054c9b and v5.0.0-257-gff07af4 a change was introduced that has kio_log_man spewing loads of unwanted messages on my calling terminal.

The messages come from kio_man.cpp in KIO-Extras, and seem to be unresponsive to the settings in qtlogging.ini (or even to absence of that file, which AFAIU should stop all logging through qCDebug() and friends). FWIW I have this in my qtlogging.ini :

[Rules]
*.info=false
*.debug=false
*.warning=true
*.critical=true

kf5.kinit.klauncher.warning=true
kf5.kio.core.warning=true
kf5.kiod.warning=true
kf5.kjobwidgets.warning=true
kf5.kxmlgui.warning=true
kscreen.xcb_helper=true
log_kio_archive.warning=true
log_kioremote.warning=true
org.kde.knotifications.warning=true

and the kio_man output is generated via qCDebug(), not qCWarning().

I'm not seeing any of those messages when I browse the UNIX manpages via KHelpCentre, and they also go away when I switch back to v5.0.0-171, so it must be something done in KDevPlatform. Where should I look?

R.