[OS X] green/welcome page disappears but widgets remain functional

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 09:58:19 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:52:03 AM CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday March 16 2016 10:18:49 Kevin Funk wrote:
> >Your particular issue ("invisible but still clickable welcome page") should
> >
> >have been fixed by this commit in kdevplatform.git here:
> >  b5b3618 - WelcomePage: Use OpacityAnimator properly (12 days ago) <Kevin
> >
> >Funk>
> >
> >... which should be part of your revision, though.
>
> Indeed ... (I'd noticed the commit message).
>
> >Please check the debug output if it gives you anything useful. It works
> >fine for me on Linux.
>
> Any suggestions on how to turn on only the relevant debug output?

To see everything [1]:
  QT_LOGGING_RULES="*=true" kdevelop

The problem is I do not know whether there's interesting output from either Qt
or KDevelop, so better be verbose.

[1] I know, it's spammy. You can fine-tune via qtlogging.ini:
  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qloggingcategory.html#configuring-categories

I have this in my qtlogging.ini, for example:

  *=true
  qt.quick.dirty*.debug=false
  qt.qpa*.debug=false
  qt.xcb*.debug=false