KDevelop stucked, pehaps in an infinite loop?

Olivier J. G. olivier.jg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:01:48 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> On Monday, June 27, 2016 10:14:11 AM CEST Àlex Fiestas wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, 26 June 2016 23:40:18 CEST Sven Brauch wrote:
>
> > > The job which checks whether the bazaar plugin should be used for the
>
> > > project hangs. It is quite crappy already that we synchroneously exec a
>
> > > job here, but ok, let's first find out why it hangs: can you run
>
> > > bzr ls --from-root -R -V
>
> > > in your project root directory? Does that return in a short time or
> does
>
> > > it hang as well?
>

> > Tried again without compiling the Bazaar plugin, same bt more or less:
>
> > https://paste.kde.org/pewk8ioyn
>

> > Additionally disabling welcompage plugin fixes it for me, so I'm quite
>
> > certain it is some fishy qml of ours that makes this happen.
>

> Odd, haven't seen this one myself (yet?). I'm CC'ing Olivier, as he might
> have some more ideas.
>

> Alex, you said you are seeing this in both Qt 5.6 _and_ Qt 5.7? There was
> some changes to QIcon in 5.7 to use the gtk pixmap cache, but I don't know
> any details here, really.

This doesn't seem to be the fault of icon loading exactly. Both the Svn and
Bazaar plugins start a nested event loop via KJob::exec. This nested loop
apparently processses a timer event which triggers
QQuickWidget::renderSceneGraph. I would guess that all bets are already off
at this point, based on the documentation of KJob::exec.

Sorry I can't look into it any more than that atm, kinda busy these days.

-Olivier JG