KDevelop stucked, pehaps in an infinite loop?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 27 09:04:53 UTC 2016

On Monday, June 27, 2016 10:14:11 AM CEST Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 June 2016 23:40:18 CEST Sven Brauch wrote:
> > The job which checks whether the bazaar plugin should be used for the
> > project hangs. It is quite crappy already that we synchroneously exec a
> > job here, but ok, let's first find out why it hangs: can you run
> > bzr ls --from-root -R -V
> > in your project root directory? Does that return in a short time or does
> > it hang as well?
>
> Tried again without compiling the Bazaar plugin, same bt more or less:
> https://paste.kde.org/pewk8ioyn
>
> Additionally disabling welcompage plugin fixes it for me, so I'm quite
> certain it is some fishy qml of ours that makes this happen.

Odd, haven't seen this one myself (yet?). I'm CC'ing Olivier, as he might have some more ideas.

Alex, you said you are seeing this in both Qt 5.6 _and_ Qt 5.7? There was some changes to
QIcon in 5.7 to use the gtk pixmap cache, but I don't know any details here, really.

Additionally, could you please get a backtrace for all threads, just to check whether there is a
deadlock between them? Also, could you check with a debugger which icon file is getting loaded
there, and whether it's always the same? Maybe the cache is broken or something like that?

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de