kdev-clang not finding included files

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Jul 10 12:12:25 UTC 2016

On Sonntag, 10. Juli 2016 13:46:24 CEST Sven Brauch wrote:
> Hey,
>
> the biggest problem I'm still having with kdev-clang is that it
> sometimes decides that some include file is missing now, and then
> doesn't do much any more (see attached screenshot). I think Aleix said
> he has that issue as well.

What version of clang are you guys using? I fixed clang upstream to not error
out fatally if a header wasn't found. So maybe this is not such a big issue
when you use a newer clang?

> Not finding "stdlib.h" is one case;

Which should never happen as it's a libc include. Are you using Clang or GCC
in the includes&defines manager configuration to find the paths? What values
got returned there?

> the other one, which I find a bit
> easer to understand, is it not finding one of the generated
> "fooexport.h" files. The latter case happens for example if a file from,
> say, kdev-python includes a file from kdevplatform, and kdevelop picks
> that up from the open kdevplatform project. My impression is that it
> tries to parse the included files with the include paths of the current
> project; which of course doesn't include the build dir of the project
> the file is actually in, and thus doesn't find the generated fooexport.h
> file of course.

Hm but the file gets installed and thus should be in the include path for
kdev-python, no?

> Does that ring any bells for anyone? Is that suspicion correct and if
> yes what can we do about it?
>
> I tried looking into the code, but it's not super simple to understand
> what happens, so I figured I would ask around before digging deeper.

Can you give me a reproducible testcase? Esp. for the stdlib.h case?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de