kdev-clang not finding included files

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Jul 10 13:53:25 UTC 2016

Hey Milian,

On 07/10/2016 02:12 PM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> What version of clang are you guys using? I fixed clang upstream to not error
> out fatally if a header wasn't found. So maybe this is not such a big issue
> when you use a newer clang?
3.8.0. Yeah, I have heard about that, that will probably make the issue
less grave.

>> Not finding "stdlib.h" is one case;
>
> Which should never happen as it's a libc include. Are you using Clang or GCC
> in the includes&defines manager configuration to find the paths? What values
> got returned there?
clang is selected there, but switching it to gcc doesn't make it go
away. Adding a qDebug shows this:

kdevelop(12233)/(default) GccLikeCompiler::includes: adding path:
"/usr/include/c++/6.1.1"
kdevelop(12233)/(default) GccLikeCompiler::includes: adding path:
"/usr/include/c++/6.1.1/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
kdevelop(12233)/(default) GccLikeCompiler::includes: adding path:
"/usr/include/c++/6.1.1/backward"
kdevelop(12233)/(default) GccLikeCompiler::includes: adding path:
"/usr/local/include"
kdevelop(12233)/(default) GccLikeCompiler::includes: adding path:
"/usr/lib/clang/3.8.0/include"
kdevelop(12233)/(default) GccLikeCompiler::includes: adding path:
"/usr/include"

which looks ok.

> Hm but the file gets installed and thus should be in the include path for
> kdev-python, no?
Yes. It should work ... this one is also not so easy to reproduce. But
if it happens once, you don't get rid of it again easily.

> Can you give me a reproducible testcase? Esp. for the stdlib.h case?
For me it's sufficient to simply open kdevplatform and kdevelop in a
fresh session, then open e.g. clangsupport.cpp. Using the 5.0 branch

Greetings,
Sven