kdev-clang not finding included files

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Jul 10 11:46:24 UTC 2016

Hey,

the biggest problem I'm still having with kdev-clang is that it
sometimes decides that some include file is missing now, and then
doesn't do much any more (see attached screenshot). I think Aleix said
he has that issue as well.
Not finding "stdlib.h" is one case; the other one, which I find a bit
easer to understand, is it not finding one of the generated
"fooexport.h" files. The latter case happens for example if a file from,
say, kdev-python includes a file from kdevplatform, and kdevelop picks
that up from the open kdevplatform project. My impression is that it
tries to parse the included files with the include paths of the current
project; which of course doesn't include the build dir of the project
the file is actually in, and thus doesn't find the generated fooexport.h
file of course.
Does that ring any bells for anyone? Is that suspicion correct and if
yes what can we do about it?

I tried looking into the code, but it's not super simple to understand
what happens, so I figured I would ask around before digging deeper.

Best regards,
Sven