"QAction with KXMLGUIFactory" error/warning message

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sat Jan 2 10:15:46 UTC 2016

On Saturday, January 02, 2016 09:55:28 AM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Having had a bit closer look at KXMLGui menu items the message below I see
> when starting KDevelop 4.7.2 might have a bit more meaning to me:
>
> "kdevelop(60882)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction
> "commit_or_finish_review" with KXMLGUIFactory!"
>
> Presuming this indeed means something along the lines of "you're feeding a
> QAction in place of a QActionWidget", could this be related to issues we've
> been seeing with the patch review plugin?

This warning means we're using a QAction where a KAction is expected. Just
take a look at the code emitting the warning (class KXmlGuiFactory from
kdelibs).

Try doing s/QAction/KAction/ in plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp and check
if it solves your problem (it surely makes the warning go away).

Cheers,
Kevin