We need to get the GSoC 2016 ideas page filled NOW

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Mon Feb 15 02:50:55 UTC 2016

On 15/02/16 03:40, Aleix Pol wrote:
> * Improve C integration (In fact I have no idea how handy that is
> nowadays).
It does still matter, people work with microcontrollers and you do want
to use C on that. And all the IDEs people usually use for that do kind
of suck. So +1 for better C support.

By the way, if somebody wanted to do it, in the microcontroller
direction there are lots of good things one could do (e.g. in the
debugger area, or deployment, or build system support, or templates for
common chips, etc). I know this is not our primary focus or something
... but if people want to work on it, there is certainly a market to
expand into, since as said most other common IDEs there are very bad
language-support and editor-wise (they are often shipped by the chip
vendor and their only significant quality is that they work
out-of-the-box with the demo board they sell).

Best,
Sven