We need to get the GSoC 2016 ideas page filled NOW

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 02:40:29 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 2:11 AM, Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> we need to fill in the GSoC idea page ASAP:
>   https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2016/Ideas
>
> Deadline is Feb 19th (KDE's application needs to be sent out at this day!)

Already? XD these google people could cut some slack! code-in just ended...

> My GSoC ideas for this year, sorted by importance (most important first):
> * KDevelop: Compiler Kits (pretty similar to what QtCreator offers)
> * KDevelop: LLDB support for all major platforms
> * KDevelop: Improve QML/JS integration: Module path dialog, proper handling of
> QRC imports, navigation for 'import ...' lines, etc.
> * KDevelop: Go language integration
> * KDevelop: Phabricator integration: Open reviews, tasks, etc.

Yes to all of them.

I might add:
* Improve C integration (In fact I have no idea how handy that is
nowadays). Also maybe kernel tooling?
* Help web development somehow? somebody was talking to me about [1]
today, maybe there's other things that can be done. Or maybe not, and
that's why these people are just happy with atom and sublime.
* polish platforms? Could include CI and such...

Aleix

[1] http://devdocs.io/