Small questions about kdev-cppcheck development

Anton Anikin anton.anikin at htower.ru
Mon Aug 22 11:23:15 UTC 2016

Hello, Kevin.

Thanks for you answers.

>  There's an uncrustify config in kdevplatform and kdevelop you can use [1].
>  [1] http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/

Great tool, thanks!

I implemented some of my ideas about kdev-cppcheck and would like to hear your opinion about them:

1) Is it reasonable to hide by default the output of cppcheck and implement an "on-the-fly" populating of list of detected problems (i.e. Problems view is automatically raised after start and populated during check) with progress bar displaying in the status bar? The output of cppcheck is not deleted and can be viewed in the appropriate outputview.

2) Is it reasonable to add cppcheck-related items to context menu for project items?

3) Should i "hide" implementation details into Private classes (PIMPL idiom). Many classes of kdevtemplate using this approach.

4) What is the preferred way to do pull-requests - by a set of small patches or by several large ("accumulating")?

---
With best regards, Anton Anikin.