Small questions about kdev-cppcheck development

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sat Aug 13 11:16:26 UTC 2016

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 16:45:38 CEST Anton Anikin wrote:
> Hello, Kevin.
>
> Thank you for your active participation in the review of my patches for
> kdev-cppcheck. I have two small questions:
>
> 1) what styleguide should I use? I've seen a few differing versions for
> kdelibs, kdepim, etc.

We have a few different versions, yes.

Usually the rule of thumb is:
1) Use the style which is used inside the file
2) Use a variant of the KF5-style for new code / if unsure
   (KF5 style with one exception: `void* foo` instead of `void * foo`

There's an uncrustify config in kdevplatform and kdevelop you can use [1].

> 2) what patch-review tool should i use? Currently i use
> git.reviewboard.kde.org, but i read in one of your post at kfunk.org that
> the preferred method is to use phabricator.kde.org. Is this true?

I'd go for Phabricator, the former is getting deprecated soon.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/