JSON property "X-KDevelop-Interfaces" messages

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Apr 7 13:16:17 UTC 2016

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:39:20 PM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Thursday April 07 2016 13:39:20 Milian Wolff wrote:
>
> hi
>
> >"X-KDevelop-Interfaces": "org.kdevelop.IProjectFileManager"
>
> There are no json files containing X-KDevelop-Interfaces in my (out-of-tree)
> build directory, they're all in the source directory.

Right, that changed and I forgot. We used to generate the .json from the
.desktop.

> Those that do in the source directories contain
>
> kdevelop:
> kdevcmakemanager.json
>     "X-KDevelop-Interfaces": [
>         "org.kdevelop.IBuildSystemManager",
>         "org.kdevelop.IProjectFileManager",
>         "ILanguageSupport"
>     ],
> kdevcustombuildsystem.json
>    "X-KDevelop-Interfaces": [
>         "org.kdevelop.IProjectBuilder",
>         "org.kdevelop.IProjectFileManager",
>         "org.kdevelop.IBuildSystemManager"
>     ],
> kdevcustommakemanager.json
>     "X-KDevelop-Interfaces": [
>         "org.kdevelop.IBuildSystemManager",
>         "org.kdevelop.IProjectFileManager"
>     ],
> kdevqmakemanager.json
>     "X-KDevelop-Interfaces": [
>         "org.kdevelop.IBuildSystemManager",
>         "org.kdevelop.IProjectFileManager"
>     ],
>
> kdevplatform/kdevgenericmanager.json
>     "X-KDevelop-Interfaces": [
>         "org.kdevelop.IProjectFileManager"
>     ],

All of these look fine.

> The last one is the only single-item list, but as far as I can see that same
> syntax is used elsewhere too without problems.

Reread the warning, that is not the problem.

> Do I understand correctly that these files are compiled one way or another,
> because none of them is installed?

Yes, I suggest you try a clean build dir, or remove the build artifacts for
these plugins one by one until you fail to reproduce the error.

Also, I suggest you run KDevelop through GDB and get a backtrace to when the
warning is printed, to find out what plugin is loaded. And/or enable debug
output to achieve the same.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de