Imported symbols missing mouse-over popup

Thomas Brix Larsen brix at brix-verden.dk
Mon Nov 23 19:01:23 UTC 2015

søndag den 22. november 2015 20.20.47 CET skrev Milian Wolff:
> On Donnerstag, 19. November 2015 18:53:29 CET Thomas Brix Larsen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm working on a plugin for the D Programming Language. http://dlang.org
> >
> > I currently have a problem with symbols declared in other modules not having
> > the mouse-over popup. Here is a screenshot:
> > http://brix-verden.dk/misc/imported_symbols_are_red.png
> >
> > The symbols add and testConstant are imported from "importedstuff". Here is
> > what duchainify has recorded:
> > http://brix-verden.dk/misc/imported_symbols_are_red.txt
> >
> > Any hints would be appreciated.
>
> Hey Thomas,
>
> where is the source code for your plugin?
>
> Are you importing the parent context of the imports? Maybe that's what is
> missing? Afaik that is required to keep the import alive. But it may also be
> something completely different... :-/ Without the source and an example to
> test it I'd have to hard time to come up with a clear answer.
>
> Also, did you write a unit test for this issue yet - is it reproducible there?
> Would certainly make it simpler to find a solution to this problem.
>
> Bye

Hello Milian,

I have just pushed the code to github.

https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/kdev-dlang

I believe that I have imported the parent context correctly as "Find uses" in KDevelop is working. But the mouse-over dialog/window is still missing.

To be honest I'm not sure how to make a unit test for this case as the problem seems graphical.

- Thomas