kdevplatform still broken on OSX

Scarlett Clark sgclark at kubuntu.org
Fri May 8 03:14:43 UTC 2015

On Thursday, May 07, 2015 10:45:59 AM Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Sune,
>
> we’ve a KB task for this now (until we migrate away to Phabricator [1]):
>
> 	https://todo.kde.org/?controller=task&action=show&task_id=1188
>
> which underlines that we don’t have a root user on OSX.
>
> The CI system actually uses the Jenkins user’s permissions to install
> files into /opt/kde, which is why your build system somehow needs to
> consider our CI case separately, if I am not mistaken.
>
> Greets,
> Marko
>

> [1] https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/build.kde.org/
>
> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: Marko Käning <mk-lists at email.de>
> > Subject: Re: A message from Sune
> > Date: 18 Apr 2015 04:38:47 GMT+2
> > To: Scarlett Clark <sgclark at kubuntu.org>
> >
> > BTW, you’re only signing, but not encrypting your emails to (Brad and)
me.
> > In this case it might be deliberate?
> >
> > On 18 Apr 2015, at 01:34 , Scarlett Clark <sgclark at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> >> Hi forgot to tell you svuorela (Sune) wanted to talk to you on IRC
about
> >> kdevplatform. I guess he is the one that broke it and needs probably to
> >> know what flags are available in OSX tar.
> >
> > Oh, I see, it was him. Well, I hadn’t investigated which dev broke it…
> > Good to see that your new CI system helped finding the culprit this
quick.

> >> I will tell him to catch you Monday.
> >
> > Yes, that’s a good idea.

Well I got rid of the tar error... Unfortunately, it still fails on the next
step. My skills are not strong enough yet to sort the rest out. Any help
appreciated.. Do you want my patch for the gnutar fix? I don't want to
reviewboard it as the build still fails.. :( I am happy to share the many
things I tried.
Thanks
Scarlett
https://build.kde.org/job/kdevplatform%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=OSX,compiler=clang/81/console