KDevelop 5 release date / windows build

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu May 7 13:53:38 UTC 2015

On Thursday 07 May 2015 13:35:11 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Thursday 07 May 2015 12:37:53 Владимир Старосельцев wrote:
> >  Hello, Milian
>
> Hey there!
>
> > Can you say, when kdevelop 5 release date is planned?
> > I would like to try build it on windows to get something like
> > https://www.kdevelop.org/screenshots/kdevelop-5-pre-alpha-windows but I
> > dont found instructions and download link to sources of kdev5 yet
>
> Kevin, whom I CC'ed by sending this email to our mailing list, did the
> windows build back then. He'll be able to answer you. Please direct your
> questions to kdevelop-devel at kde.org in the future.

Heya,

If you're brave you can compile KDevelop on Windows using KDE's Emerge tool
[1]. I strongly suggest using emerge because it deals with setting up all the
dependencies for KDevelop. KDevelop on KF5 should still compile, I just tested
it last week or so.

Please start by reading through [1] and try to get 'emerge' running.

Feel free to contact me in #kdevelop on Freenode or via the mailing list.
Happy to help, and I hope you'll have success! :)

Cheers

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge