Some menu items do not work in KDevelop

Siddhartha sh.siddhartha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:58:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have installed KDevelop from latest git using kdesrc-build to a
custom path (/opt/kde5). Maybe because of this, the 'Package' and
'Editor' menu items do not open at all. Nothing happens when I click
on them.

Just wanted to share this and find out if its a bug in the code, or
something due to my custom path and KDevelop not being able to find a
component. How do I go about debugging this?

On a minor note, KDevelop executes commands like 'kdevelop! -s
"{5bdd194f-d28c-491e-95f9-8471055c01a2}"'. How about adding a space
before this command so that it does not appear in the shell history?

Thanks,
Siddhartha