Some menu items do not work in KDevelop

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 06:30:00 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:28:26 AM Siddhartha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed KDevelop from latest git using kdesrc-build to a
> custom path (/opt/kde5). Maybe because of this, the 'Package' and
> 'Editor' menu items do not open at all. Nothing happens when I click
> on them.
>
> Just wanted to share this and find out if its a bug in the code, or
> something due to my custom path and KDevelop not being able to find a
> component. How do I go about debugging this?

This is not a setup issue on your side.

The problem with "Editor" is that we still didn't fix the XML files describing
the menu layout for the KTextEditor component

I guess the "Package" menu entry comes from plasmate? Because we don't create
such an entry on our own.

> On a minor note, KDevelop executes commands like 'kdevelop! -s
> "{5bdd194f-d28c-491e-95f9-8471055c01a2}"'. How about adding a space
> before this command so that it does not appear in the shell history?

Makes sense.

Care to file a review-request for this? See kdevplatform.git:plugins/konsole/.

Thanks,
Kevin