[GSoC 2014] QML, Quick and Qt Designer in KDevelop

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Mar 9 18:25:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Denis Steckelmacher <steckdenis at yahoo.fr>wrote:

> On 03/07/2014 12:17 AM, Aleix Pol wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, I'm much more interested in seeing the QML/JS
>> Language support polished, integration of the Profiler/Debugger, etc.
>> Furthermore, there's lots to accomplish in the JS integration for web
>> developers. Becoming interesting to that public would be very interesting.
>>

> I've downloaded and installed the kdev-qmljs plugin and the language
> support itself is already quite usable, even though I have not yet explored
> all the features. I've submitted two small patches, just to get a hand on
> the code, and they are already in master (Sven Brauch is very reactive!)
>
> Integrating a profiler and debugger seems to be a big task that could
> easily span an entire three-months summer, but is there also something else
> that still has to be done and that could be subject to a GSoC project?

Well, there's improving the language integration:
- making it possible to actually understand imports (I don't think it's
happening).
- considering the possibility to load and introspect binary modules.
- properly integrating with the documentation system.
- Also I think the DUChain is generating still not correct, if you play
with it you will see that the declaration is different whether "id" is
defined or not

Hope this helps!
Aleix