KDev Plugin Status

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 23:11:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM, John5342 <john5342 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone put any consideration into collecting the status of the various
> plugins?
>
> I have used a few plugins such as kdev-python and kdev-custombuildsystem
> (before it was merged) but, aside from kdev-python which was mentioned on
> list, i only really discovered them indirectly by browsing quickgit.
> Looking through them i notice some have had virtually zero activity for
> some time and others seem quite active but it is not clear which ones are
> supposed to be stable(ish), experiments or even whether they are supposed
> to build. Keeping plugins as something to be stumbled on by end users
> reduces users for plugins that are mostly stable, testers/reporters for
> ones that are mostly working and contributors for ones that are active but
> still need real work.
>
> So in short it would be great to see a place (a wiki page?) listing the
> plugins, description, current status (and last updated date) and optionally
> a bugzilla link for bugs and task list for possible contributors. Hopefully
> all maintained by the owner of each plugin.
>
> Apologies in advance if this already exists but i missed it.
>
> --
> There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
> those who don't...

Hi,
I agree that there definitely is a lacking in this area. On the other hand,
keeping wikis updated where the people involved doesn't need (most
developers don't need to keep track of such things in a wiki) tend to go
out of date.

Usually people send an e-mail to this list asking for feedback, and I would
say it's fine.
Do you have any special needs?

Aleix