[GSOC-2014] Newbie mode!

Manasij Mukherjee manasij7479 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:33:09 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
I'm a student looking forward to participate in Google's Summer of Code
this year.
I have used kdevelop for a long time and it'll be great to contribute to
something I regularly use.
The title "Newbie mode" is a catchy one, by let me explain the idea in
detail.
A feature in kdevelop I like is the support for external scripts.
I use the quick compile script when not working on a project and just need
to test out a snippet. (for example, code copied from a pastebin link.)
I want this to be more integrated into the IDE.
(Consider things like clickable options to enable C++11, add libraries,
configure warnings, etc)

Another feature that may be possible is more static analysis.
(I'm not sure how well clang works with kdevelop now, but I've seen
screenshots of  xcode providing great hints)
However this may be beyond my scope for now.
But I promise to try working on it if the original idea succeeds.

I want to know if it is feasible and whether anyone wants to mentor me with
this.
(As for my skill level, I am well versed in standard C++ but will need some
help with Qt.
Here is a link to my github profile:
https://github.com/manasij7479/  )
Manasij Mukherjee