Go (the programming language) support

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 09:27:24 UTC 2014

Hey Pavel,

to follow up, I've been using the Go plugin for a bit now. Great work so far!

The one thing I'm most worried about right now is that KDevelop
sometimes feels sluggish while using it. I have not had the time to
investigate, but I do wonder if perhaps the UI sometimes blocks due to
parsing jobs?

Other than that, I noticed some cases where type deduction did not
work properly. Most notably with map[key] accesses, for-loops and
anonymous functions (the go func() { ... }()) pattern. I suppose you
know about these, otherwise I could look into extracting some small
test cases.

Anyway, even with these small flaws the plugin is already tremendously useful!

Cheers,
Nicolai