Go (the programming language) support

Pavel Petrushkov onehundredof at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 09:58:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro <nhaehnle at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Pavel,
>
> to follow up, I've been using the Go plugin for a bit now. Great work so
> far!
>
> The one thing I'm most worried about right now is that KDevelop
> sometimes feels sluggish while using it. I have not had the time to
> investigate, but I do wonder if perhaps the UI sometimes blocks due to
> parsing jobs?
>
> Other than that, I noticed some cases where type deduction did not
> work properly. Most notably with map[key] accesses, for-loops and
> anonymous functions (the go func() { ... }()) pattern. I suppose you
> know about these, otherwise I could look into extracting some small
> test cases.
>
> Anyway, even with these small flaws the plugin is already tremendously
> useful!
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolai

Hey,
Thanks a lot for your feedback and compliments! I am aware of issues you
have mentioned and I'm working on them, especially sluggishness one. There
are several issues with parsing performance right now, but I finally have
more time to investigate it, so they should be resolved soon.

Thanks,
Pavel