Go (the programming language) support

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:11:27 UTC 2014

Hey Pavel,

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Pavel Petrushkov
<onehundredof at gmail.com> wrote:
> as Milian pointed out - plugin is already in development!

Very cool! I wonder why it didn't show up in my searches? In any case,
I'm sure to give it a try and give you feedback (not today, though..)

>> It seems like Go should actually be quite accessible to add support
>> for, e.g. packages for parsing Go are provided as part of the standard
>> Go distribution. This could be leveraged with an approach similar to
>> gocode [1], where a daemon written in Go would do all the parsing and
>> communicate with the KDevelop process to answer definition-use and
>> code completion queries.
>>

> Unfortunately, plugin doesn't use go parsing package or gocode(mainly
> because I didn't know about them when I started), but it has it's own parser
> written with KDevelop-PG-Qt. Right now my priority is to implement most
> important missing functionality and get source code to a more maintainable
> state. But you and anyone else is welcome to look into porting it to use
> third party tools.

The invitation is appreciated, I'll keep it in mind ;-)

First of all, though, I'll give this plugin a try.

Cheers,
Nicolai
--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.