branch name appended to project name

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 17 18:52:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> I would welcome this a lot! But the big question will be how to make it fast
> enough. The "git status" or similar should probably be parsed in a background
> thread whenever a project is opened. Then similarily we should query the DVCS
> plugin for file status whenever a file was saved. Same for signals about
> new/removed files/folders via the project manager plugin. But how do we get
> notified about external file changes of non-opened files?

The same way you get notified about new/removed files/folders, use
KDirWatch. If you don't want to install a watch on each and every
file, then you'll have to do some polling. Eclipse seems to get away
nicely for getting notified about changes from native API (i.e.
inotify on Linux), so that shouldn't be an issue in general.