branch name appended to project name

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 17 16:03:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 17. März 2013 schrieb Kevin Funk :

> **
>
> On Sunday 17 March 2013, 12:51, Kevin Funk wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 17 March 2013, 09:09, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
> > > Hi,

> in

> name

> > > Yes this is possible, unfortunately its not quite as easy as in
>
> > > Eclipse since the Qt ItemViews do not provide a decoration-metaphor.
>

> > I fully agree with Jeremy, there should be some disambiguation.
>

> > maybe something like [1] would fit in here?
>

> > The VcsOverlayProxyModel introduced by Alex could define a new role for
> the
>
> > VCS data and in QItemDelegate::paint we do:
>
> > - paint role Qt::DisplayRole normally
>
> > - paint role VcsOverlayProxyModel::VcsDataRole with QPalette::brightText
> or
>
> > whatever (only in case data(index, VcsOverlayProxyModel::VcsDataRole)
>
> > returns valid data)
>

> > A different but more simple solution: Just add another column in the
> proxy
>
> > model, and for that column return a different column for Qt::FontRole.
>
> > (Of course, that means we have a different text alignment then).
>
> Hm, following up on that.
>

> I just noticed that the 'VCS changes' tool view already does what we want.
>

> Why don't we just merge the 'VCS changes' tool view with the project
> manager view? E.g. keep the project manager view as-is, and add a 'VCS
> status' column to the project manager view.

I don't think using 2 columns is a good idea. That would mean that one
needs to resize the column constantly when working on deeper tree's or
needs to scroll horizontally.

I think it would be better to attach decorations to the end of the items
text with a slightly different font. You'd put vcs icon info also on top of
the items icon and not in a separate column, right?

The link you posted suggests this should be relatively easy.