PaxHeader.folder

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 5 00:08:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Michael Hart
<michael.george.hart at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would agree with you that would be most expedient thing to do.
>
> Just wanted to add that David Faure, faure at kde.org, the creator of KTar had
> to say to me
>
> "I made KTar parse (and ignore) Pax headers (*), but I strongly doubt that
> KArchive (KTar) is actually creating Pax headers, it has no code for that.
>
> (*) see bug 309463, commit fff2a02946cde51702ba77c51b03e2ff1d57810f in
> kdelibs.
>
> These headers are created by GNU tar, aren't they? "
>

> Anyway I happen to have the latest version of tar, version 1.26 and I can't
> directly create PaxHeaders.number by using it.

Well, but whatever library kdelibs uses does (it does not use tar
directly IIRC). Also the fix from David (if you look at the bugreport)
is from beginning of Dec. so is most probably not in your distro's
kdelibs packages yet (since the 4.9.5 kdelibs release only shipped a
few days ago).

> Can anyone point me to the code in kdevelop 4.x.y that actually uses
> KArchive/KTar to discover if there is more than KArchive being used to open
> and parse the templates, old version of cpio, pax and gtar etc will produce
> PaxHeaders.number

http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdevplatform.git&a=tree&h=250b2592612d1983130dedcdd7a1f026b1bfc74e&hb=58a84b2756ca09c7e3cd9cb7c0d726036e09657c&f=plugins%2Fappwizard
and specifically
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdevplatform.git&a=blob&h=ec17a5b934ad510fe381ff652849459f46b3fcb3&hb=58a84b2756ca09c7e3cd9cb7c0d726036e09657c&f=plugins%2Fappwizard%2Fappwizardplugin.cpp

Also note that during the build KDevelop will use tar from PATH, see
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdevplatform.git&a=blob&h=598b9e9626495a728e64d861914cf0ebf6d4ba1f&hb=58a84b2756ca09c7e3cd9cb7c0d726036e09657c&f=cmake%2Fmodules%2FKDevPlatformMacros.cmake
(search for add_custom_command)