PaxHeader.folder

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 5 08:50:09 UTC 2013

On Saturday 05 January 2013 01:08:38 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Well, but whatever library kdelibs uses does (it does not use tar
> directly IIRC).

Wrong. KTar doesn't either use a 3rd party library, nor the `tar` program.
KTar has its own tar code. And I can swear, that code doesn't create Pax
headers.

> Also the fix from David (if you look at the bugreport)
> is from beginning of Dec. so is most probably not in your distro's
> kdelibs packages yet (since the 4.9.5 kdelibs release only shipped a
> few days ago).

Right. As I suspected, we're debating an already fixed problem, here.

> Also note that during the build KDevelop will use tar from PATH, see
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdevplatform.git&a=blob&h=598b9e9626495a728e64d86
> 1914cf0ebf6d4ba1f&hb=58a84b2756ca09c7e3cd9cb7c0d726036e09657c&f=cmake%2Fmodu
> les%2FKDevPlatformMacros.cmake (search for add_custom_command)

Yep, and that's the `tar` that creates pax headers for some people, as clearly
shown in bug 309463.