PaxHeader.folder

Michael Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:48:48 UTC 2013

I would agree with you that would be most expedient thing to do.

Just wanted to add that David Faure, faure at kde.org, the creator of KTar had
to say to me

*"I made KTar parse (and ignore) Pax headers (*), but I strongly doubt that*
*KArchive (KTar) is actually creating Pax headers, it has no code for that.*
*
*
*(*) see bug 309463, commit fff2a02946cde51702ba77c51b03e2ff1d57810f in
kdelibs.*
*
*
*These headers are created by GNU tar, aren't they? "*

Anyway I happen to have the latest version of tar, version 1.26 and I can't
directly create PaxHeaders.number by using it.

Can anyone point me to the code in kdevelop 4.x.y that actually uses
KArchive/KTar to discover if there is more than KArchive being used to open
and parse the templates, old version of cpio, pax and gtar etc will produce
PaxHeaders.number

There are just one too many KDE application having this issue on a whole
when I check Google

Thanks