Assistant Improvements

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Nov 17 17:24:37 UTC 2012

On Monday 12 November 2012 02:45:38 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Milian Wolff <milian.wolff at kdab.com>wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've just changed the assistant somewhat, esp. to reduce the amount of
> > space
> > required when you are e.g. inside something like KDevelop::VeryLongClass.
> >
> > Before, the assistant showed that identifier three times, now it's only
> > shown
> > once, i.e., before:
> >
> > *declare 'int i' as:* | 1 *local* variable | 2 *private* variable in
> > Foo::Bar
> >
> > | 3 *protected* variable in Foo::Bar | 4 *public* variable in Foo::Bar | 0
> >
> > Hide
> >
> > now:
> >
> > *declare 'int i' as:* | 1 *local* variable | member of Foo::Bar | 2
> > *private*
> >
> > | 3 *protected* | 4 *public*| 0 Hide
> >
> > How do you like it? Imo it's much better than before but still not
> > optimal. At
> > least now we end up less often in the state where the assistant is "cut"
> > the width of the text area view.
> >
> > I'll look into the latter as well now.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Sounds good to me, although I'll better tell when I get to try it.

It's in master, so please try it.

> BTW, there's a review request on that regard no?

Yes, you mean https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/107277/ - which is what
triggered me to work on this stuff. While I think the idea of 107277 should be
looked into, it is too much in-your-face. Improving our existing solution
could change a lot and then we can still think about changing the appearance
afterwards.

Suggestions, ideas, feedback welcome in this regard. Otherwise something for
the KDevelop-UI team (Sven, Aleix, Alexander) to look into on the next sprint,
eh? :D

Cheers!
--
Milian Wolff