Assistant Improvements

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Sun Nov 18 01:36:23 UTC 2012

On Monday 12 November 2012 00:16:21 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've just changed the assistant somewhat, esp. to reduce the amount of space
> required when you are e.g. inside something like KDevelop::VeryLongClass.
>
> Before, the assistant showed that identifier three times, now it's only
> shown once, i.e., before:
>
> *declare 'int i' as:* | 1 *local* variable | 2 *private* variable in
> Foo::Bar
> | 3 *protected* variable in Foo::Bar | 4 *public* variable in Foo::Bar | 0
>
> Hide
>
> now:
>
> *declare 'int i' as:* | 1 *local* variable | member of Foo::Bar | 2
> *private*
> | 3 *protected* | 4 *public*| 0 Hide
>
> How do you like it? Imo it's much better than before but still not optimal.
> At least now we end up less often in the state where the assistant is "cut"
> to the width of the text area view.
>
> I'll look into the latter as well now.

I've pushed a change to the placement now as well. Please test and give
feedback. Imo putting it _below_ the editor is much better, esp. when editing
the last visible line at the bottom of the editor. Furthermore we can now be
as large as the main window, not only as big as the editor (which was esp.
problematic if we show toolviews at both sides of the editor).

cheers
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090