Assistant Improvements

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Sun Nov 11 23:16:21 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I've just changed the assistant somewhat, esp. to reduce the amount of space
required when you are e.g. inside something like KDevelop::VeryLongClass.

Before, the assistant showed that identifier three times, now it's only shown
once, i.e., before:

*declare 'int i' as:* | 1 *local* variable | 2 *private* variable in Foo::Bar
| 3 *protected* variable in Foo::Bar | 4 *public* variable in Foo::Bar | 0
Hide

now:

*declare 'int i' as:* | 1 *local* variable | member of Foo::Bar | 2 *private*
| 3 *protected* | 4 *public*| 0 Hide

How do you like it? Imo it's much better than before but still not optimal. At
least now we end up less often in the state where the assistant is "cut" to
the width of the text area view.

I'll look into the latter as well now.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090