Unit testing (once again)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Mar 14 10:54:34 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012 10:00:07 Miha Čančula wrote:
> Ok guys, I believe I have something ready to be merged. Currently, this
> means:
> * kdevplatform:
>   - three new interfaces: ITest{Controller, Provider, Suite}
>   - an ITestController implementation as a plugin
>   - another plugin for the test view
>   - a "run tests" button in Patch Review
> * kdevelop:
>   - CTest provider/runner plugin
>   - Changes to the CMake parsing to store information about test added with
> add_test()

the above sound fine

> * kdev-php
>   - PHPUnit provider/runner plugin
>   - Again, changes to the parsing, so that unit the PHPUnit class
> definitions are imported into every file.

This sounds wrong. Why do you need to import that into every file? I'd rather
check the dependency chain on a QualifiedIdentifier basis for the PHPUnit base
class. But I'll have to see whether that works out.

> Some of them are only additions (all the plugins and the new interfaces),
> but there are some modifications to the existing code. I would like to get
> some feedback on those, especially the language parsing, because I'm still
> quite new to that. Would you prefer to look at the code in the branch,
> three large ReviewBoard requests, or should I make separate review requests
> for every component?

I'll review it soon I hope, the branches are fine for reviewing such large
change sets I think.

Thanks!

--
Milian Wolff