Unit testing (once again)

Miha Čančula miha at noughmad.eu
Thu Mar 15 19:30:56 UTC 2012

2012/3/14 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>

> On Wednesday 14 March 2012 10:00:07 Miha Čančula wrote:
> > Ok guys, I believe I have something ready to be merged. Currently, this
> > means:
> > * kdevplatform:
> >   - three new interfaces: ITest{Controller, Provider, Suite}
> >   - an ITestController implementation as a plugin
> >   - another plugin for the test view
> >   - a "run tests" button in Patch Review
> > * kdevelop:
> >   - CTest provider/runner plugin
> >   - Changes to the CMake parsing to store information about test added
> with
> > add_test()
>
> the above sound fine
>
> > * kdev-php
> >   - PHPUnit provider/runner plugin
> >   - Again, changes to the parsing, so that unit the PHPUnit class
> > definitions are imported into every file.
>
> This sounds wrong. Why do you need to import that into every file? I'd
> rather
> check the dependency chain on a QualifiedIdentifier basis for the PHPUnit
> base
> class. But I'll have to see whether that works out.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't know a better way to do it, and I'm still not sure
what the right way is. Now I removed that and instead disabled the "only
files in opened projects" check in helper.cpp. This way, declarations from
the 'phpunitdeclarations.php' file can be found and imported as a parent
context.

But it still doesn't work perfectly, it only finds some of the cases. I
don't know why.