KDevelop 4.2.60 floods .xsession-errors file

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jan 5 11:09:08 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 04 January 2012 23:55:24 Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2012, 23:17:45 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> > Are you using symlinks somewhere by any change? E.g. in your source/build
> > dir or anywhere "farther up" in the path? That could be the "issue", or
> > rather a known (to me) limitation of the checks that trigger this warning.
> > If not, this could be a "real" bug.
>
> My project at work uses loads of symlinks, so that could be an explanation.
> However, when I open KDevelop/kdevplatform (checkouts from git), I also get
> the messages and I think there are no symlinks.
>
> Take this one for instance:
>
> kdevelop(4237)/kdevelop (cpp support)
> IncludePathComputer::computeBackground: Include-path was missing in list
> returned by build-manager, adding it now. file was:
> KUrl("file:///home/gerhard/src/kdevelop/projectmanagers/cmake/settings/cmake
> cachemodel.cpp") missing path:
> "/home/gerhard/src/kdevelop/build/projectmanagers/cmake/"
>
> The file is there and the path in the build directory, too, so what does it
> actually complains about?

It complains to us developers that the cmake manager did not return this path
while "make" knows about it.

> I also wonder why I get this flood each time I open Kdevelop. Doesn't it
> store this information somewhere in .kdevduchain?

No this part is not. The include paths might have changed after all and will
be rechecked.

> > I agree that this should probably not be a kWarning, it's only targeted at
> > developers. Note that before this message was actually added to your files
> > in the "problems" tool view in KDevelop, which was even more strange
> > (imo).
> >
> > Anyhow, to "fix" it for you for now: kdebugdialog --fullmode and then
> > disable warning output for area 9007.
>
> All Debug output is already disabled. Why should the output go to 9007?
> kWarning() has no argument.

Debug output is not warning-output - to disable that I think you'll have to do
it manually using the fullmode. And it's 9007 because that's the default in
the cpp plugin folder.

bye
--
Milian Wolff