KDevelop 4.2.60 floods .xsession-errors file

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 5 07:45:25 UTC 2012

On 04.01.12 21:50:26, Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012, 11:47:41 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 03.01.12 00:36:27, Gerhard Stengel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've observed a strange problem in KDevelop 4.2.60: When KDevelop parses
> > > a C++ project it writes lots of messages like
> > >
> > > kdevelop(4732)/kdevelop (cpp support)
> > > IncludePathComputer::computeBackground: Include-path was missing in
> > > list returned by build-manager, adding it now. file was:
> > > KUrl("file:///home/gerhard/src/kdevplatform/project/projectutils.cpp")
> > > missing path: "/home/gerhard/src/kdevplatform/build/project/"
> >
> > You can switch that off by disabling the corresponding debug area via
> > kdebugdialog.
> Thanks for this hint, I haven't known kdebugdialog so far. But in this case it
> wouldn't work, all debug output was disabled anyway.
> The offending line is no. 219 in
> KDevelop/languages/cpp/includepathcomputer.cpp. It's a kWarning() makro there.
> Maybe it's not possible to turn this off in kdebugdialog, whereas kDebug() is?

It is possible, but you need to start kdebugdialog in the extended mode:
kdebugdialog --fullmode

> Anyway, I don't see that this is such a serious thing to justify that it can't
> be turned off. It seems to be pretty normal. If I open the kdevelop project I
> get loads of these messages!

Well, its a warning. It warns you that KDevelop apparently does not
understand your buildsystem correctly. I don't know wether this happens
with custom makefiles where it would be quite normal to see this and
hence should not trigger a warning, but for cmake-projects seeing this
has to be considered a bug that needs reporting.

> > > into my .xsession-errors file (This wasn't the case with 4.2.3, but so
> > > far it's no harm). However, after a while this stops and this message
> > >
> > > HistoryFile::add.seek: Das Argument ist ungültig
> >
> > Thats not from KDevelop's codebase, at least not part of kdevplatform or
> > kdevelop itself. So either comes from another external plugin or some
> > code we depend on. So you'll first have to find out where this comes
> > from exactly.
> True, I have to investigate where it comes from. The problem just seems to
> happen on my machine at work, but not at home.
> However, Kdevelop, namely the context browser clearly triggers the problem. As
> soon as I press the red cross to stop the parsing job, the flood stops
> immediately.

Hmm, that one uses KTextBrowser and kate for its content, so I'd start
to look there.