Attaching the debugger to a running process...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 08:27:00 UTC 2012

On 27.02.12 01:41:58, Michael Hart wrote:
> This is absolutely madding all the documentation about Kdevelop4 I have
> been able to find, including this one
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-kdevelop/kdevelop/kdevelop.pdf
> says there is a menu item Run->Attach to Process. Yet after spending
> looking at all my configuration options such a menu option does not exist
> in my recent trunk build version of Kdevelop4
>
> Could someone tell me how to fix what what I am missing here

Thats because the dialog requires a complete kde-workspace development
environment and is being disabled if that is not there. There should've
been a message in the cmake output telling you so.

Andreas

PS: /me still thinks its a mistake to not have a
non-kde-workspace-requiring implementation for something as simple as a
process-selection-list.