Redesign of "Configure Launches" dialog

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:20:32 UTC 2012

Hi Niko,

> - what about multiple dependencies? Please don't drop them :D
yes, I already decided I'll keep the old dependencies widget.

> - There will be some api changes required to support Debugger tab between two
>  tabs from native launcher
Sorry, I don't understand that. What do you mean exactly?

> - In your mockup there is no way to change the debugger type (yes that
> is possible in
>  the current dialog - though atm there is only one available. But it
> is required eg. when you
>  have a php and a python debugger)
This could be done through a drop-down list in the "Debugger" tab,
would that be okay? I wanted to do that anyways.

> - Global launches are not shown in your mockup (minor issue)
Yes, those will be there again once the list is created by kdevelop, I
just left them out unintentially.

> - when creating a new launch - how to select the project it belogs to?
Two possibilities, either the project you've currently selected, or
(I'd prefer this) the one you select in a (new) drop-down menu from
the add button.

> - the menu behind the add button isn't there (personally I never used that one)
If you ask me, I'd replace that by a selection menu for which project
to associate the new launch with.

Greetings