Redesign of "Configure Launches" dialog

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:40:05 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 18:20, Sven Brauch <svenbrauch at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Niko,
>
>> - what about multiple dependencies? Please don't drop them :D
> yes, I already decided I'll keep the old dependencies widget.
good... :)

>> - There will be some api changes required to support Debugger tab between two
>>  tabs from native launcher
> Sorry, I don't understand that. What do you mean exactly?
There are 4 tabs (General, Advanced, Debugger, Dependencies) one (Debugger)
is provided by gdb plugin and the other three by execute native plugin.
Atm both can just return a single widget.

>> - In your mockup there is no way to change the debugger type (yes that
>> is possible in
>>  the current dialog - though atm there is only one available. But it
>> is required eg. when you
>>  have a php and a python debugger)
> This could be done through a drop-down list in the "Debugger" tab,
> would that be okay? I wanted to do that anyways.
sounds good, could even be hidden if there is just one. (like you did
in the mockup, hehe)

>> - the menu behind the add button isn't there (personally I never used that one)
> If you ask me, I'd replace that by a selection menu for which project
> to associate the new launch with.
yes, the ComboBox for project target does the same.

Niko