is there plugin development guide?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 10 08:06:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:37 AM, microcai <microcai at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I want to use autotools in KDevelop. I need an autotools plugin that
>
> * filter out autotools generated files in project view
>
> * syntax highlight for configure.ac and Makefile.am
>
> as well as autocompletion for configure.ac and Makefile
>
> * should inherit from makefile plugin that can do include directory
>
> discover from Makefile and macro definations
>

> * an gui widget dialog that can edit Makefile.am and configure.ac in few
>
> mouse clicks
>

> Is there any pre-exist code that I can start with ? or an plugin development

There is some code at
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/automake/
but its not been touched since ages, probably does not compile or work
anymore.

We do not have any guide for how to write plugins unfortunately, but
the custom makefile plugin is relatively simple along the makebuilder
one.

Note that neither custom makefile nor makebuilder provide much include
or define information themselves, instead the c++ plugins fallback
will kick in and try to parse the output of running make in the build
directory to get this. Syntax highlighting should already work when
opening the files in the editor.