Getting Style

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Apr 24 14:14:26 UTC 2012

On Saturday 21 April 2012 18:40:05 David Nolden wrote:
> I suggest to take format.config.uncrustify.4_spaces and propose
> _changes_, so that we have clear and isolated options we can discuss
> about. The whole parameter-set is simply too large to discuss it at
> the same time, because you can hardly demonstrate all effects in a
> single example snippet.

Yep, good idea. We should also try to write an example file (in our techbase?)
that shows all the things in the way we want them to look like. Then when
running uncrustify on it, it should return the exact same results.

> In my experience, apart from some minor parser glitches (it wrongly
> formats some template code where type-information is required to
> interpret the code), the main problem of uncrustify is with manually
> aligned code, which it usually breaks, for example something like:
> function( "arg1",
>              "arg2",
>              "arg3" )
> becomes:
> function( "arg1",
>     "arg2",
>     "arg3" )
>
> Which actually is something I might get used to.

True, also paired with the input from Adymo on this specific thing.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de