Getting Style

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Apr 24 14:12:41 UTC 2012

On Saturday 21 April 2012 18:35:05 David Nolden wrote:
> Please, start with kdevplatform/format.config.uncrustify.4_spaces when
> experimenting. I've already put quite a bit of experimenting into
> making it nice. I also didn't encounter that base-class linebreak
> issue.

Yes, I picked your 4spaces config file and tried to extend it.

Your file did not have the issue, because it simply did not try to reformat
that part of the code, but this is explicitly something I want to have checked
because our codebase is really inconsistent with that!

I want:

class a : b, c, ...
{
};

and

a::a()
: b(...)
, c(...)
, ...
, m_1(...)
, m_2(...)
{
}

if desired, the above could be indented. What I really don't want is putting
the base-initializer into one line which is often badly readable and messes up
git annotate often when adding/removing members.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de