Getting Style

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 05:52:51 UTC 2012

> the main problem of uncrustify is with manually
> aligned code, which it usually breaks, for example something like:
> function( "arg1",
>              "arg2",
>              "arg3" )
> becomes:
> function( "arg1",
>     "arg2",
>     "arg3" )

I'd say this reformatting is perfectly fine. I don't like argument
alignment to the opening brace because it requires you to realign when
renaming a function. That means:
- meaningless changes in a diff, it won't be clearly visible that you've
just renamed a function
- whitespace changes (not important with blame -w)
- if you don't use automatic alignment you can forget to realign and code
style becomes inconsistent