Welcome Page reloaded

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 01:00:38 UTC 2012

Hi,
So we discussed about this page before, already. We agreed that it was
a good idea and that the proposed thing could be useful but it didn't
look nice. AFAIK, at least.

Here's my rework. I adopted Plasma Components and some theming
extensions to put it together. Here there's a video of it:
http://proli.net/meu/kdevelop/kdevelop-themed-welcomepage.ogv

I think it's useful now and that it could be presented easily. It
doesn't get in the way and it's better than just a gray area which was
the beast to beat.

Please tell me what do you guys think about it. If you want to test it
it's in a "themed-welcomepage" branch, otherwise I'd suggest to merge
it and work on it on master.

I hope you like it better.

Aleix

PS: Remember I'm no designer :D