Will be speaking about KDevelop at LinuxCon Japan 2012

Alexandre Courbot gnurou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 09:11:46 UTC 2012

On Apr 20, 2012 7:11 PM, "Tatsh" <ddrtist
<ddrtist at gmail.com>@<ddrtist at gmail.com>
gmail.com <ddrtist at gmail.com>> wrote:
> I have not seen many people talk about KDevelop (everyone I mention it
> to has never heard of it) and everyone local here uses OS X and
> editors like vim or Sublime Text 2, or even TextMate (OS X is 'stable'
> and 'supported'). So I am very happy to hear of anyone spreading the
> word about KDevelop which ultimately leads to more users of KDE I
> would think.

There would also be a lot to say about using KDE for kernel development
workflows (I am a KDE user myself since David Faure demonstrated it and
dcop at Fosdem 2003), but for this time I will limit myself to KDev -
otherwise this would require the whole day. : P

> Even so, perhaps you also need to make it somewhat clear
> that using KDevelop does not mean you need a full-blown KDE
> installation (just dependencies will do) or that you need to run it
> within KDE.

You are right, this is a common misconception. Will try to be clear about
this.

> We are lacking though, fully functional ports of KDevelop
> to OS X and Windows (don't mention that :P)

Not sure anyone would care anyway. ;)

Alex.