Patches for git plugin related reviews

Sergey Vidyuk sir.vestnik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:29:52 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 19 October 2011 09:14:20 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2011 23:40:08 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > On Monday 17 October 2011 10:14:50 Sergey Vidyuk wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Patches for reviews
> > > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102850/
> > > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102857/
> > > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102858/
> > > are attached. Patch for 102857 is modified following the last
> > > suggestion from Milian. I've also uploaded modified version into
> > > reviewboard. I'm unsure if it's good idea to have cpp file for
> > > implementation of one empty
> > > function. Actually I'm unsure if it's good idea to have non-pure
> > > virtual function in an interface. If needed I can move
> > > implementation back to header or into plugins.
> >
> > Pushed now. One question: Does the tooltip work for you? I couldn't get
> > it to show up, i.e. the user does not see the error message of why a
> > long line is too long and why it should be reduced...
> >
> > bye
>
> No I can't see tooltip as well. I'll figure out why and fix it during this
> week.
>
> Sergey
Hi

I finally found some time to investigate what's wrong with tooltips. It looks
like this behaviour is caused by a Qt bug
https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-21553

At least I can't make them appear however if I set tooltip using
QWidget::setTooltip() on the QTextEditor itself it's shown.

I've looked throug the Kdevelop code and it looks like nobody used
QTextCharFormat::setToolTip before in the project.

Should I try to use any other way to deskribe what's wrong with the text? Like
for example set global tooltip wich describes all of the formatting errors. Or
does any body know some triks to make char format tolltips work?

Sergey