Let's end the formatting mess

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Nov 9 17:31:42 UTC 2011

2011/11/9 Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Alexander Dymo <alexander.dymo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>>
> I don't really like the 2 whitespace either, but I wouldn't like to create a
> flame about that. If we really want to let people to economize their screen
> space, I'd say use tabs. That way you can configure the editor however you
> want, however there's people who really hate those.
> If we want to standarize, I'd say we should adhere to the kdelibs coding
> style, I don't really like it either, but some compromise will be always
> present.

Tabs are the most terrible option, proven many times to simply not work.

Btw. I never said I insist on 2-space indentation, only that I would
prefer it. If everyone would tell his preferences in a calm way, we
could try finding a compromise. I don't see a reason why we should use
the kdelibs coding style, we should simply orient on what we already
have and like, and make it consistent.

Greetings, David